Rebecca Johnson Advanced Paediatric Occupational Therapist, early intervention, intensive upper limb specialist and Sensory Integration Practitioner.
B Independent Therapy LTD
- Experience working with neonates
- Experience working with infants, children and young adults with brachial plexus injuries
- Experience working with acquired and congenital brain injuries
- Experience working with individuals with autism, sensory processing difficulties and developmental coordination difficulties
- Experience working with individuals with problematic scaring and skin conditions
- Experience working with children with metabolic disorders including osteogenesis imperfecta.
- Experience working with acquired and traumatic upper limb conditions including musculoskeletal and spasticity.
- Experience delivering constraint induced moment and intensive biannual upper limb interventions.
- Competent with fabrication of upper limb splints
- Experince with spinal and peripheral nerve injuries
- Experience delivering pain management and fatigue management.
- Experience working within adolescent transition clinics supporting a move out of childrenï¿½s services into adult care.
- Experience of case management packages.
I am competent in using a range of standardised developmental and neurological assessments and goal setting tools. For example: Bayley scales of infant development, certified to administer Sensory integration and praxis test, BOTMP, M-ABC, Certified to complete Assisting and Both Hand assessment.
A broad range of experience working with complex patients has allowed me to develop my skills in providing a range of treatment modalities including assessing and providing equipment, rehabilitative models, neuro-cognitive rehabilitation, sensory modulation programmes, handwriting and other sensory motor interventions and goal oriented interventions. My practice is underpinned by up-to-date evidence based practice models.
Please contact me via phone or via email: