Christine Smith's profile
Christine Smith As a qualified OT I have a wide range of experience in enabling individuals to reach there full potential . I am an Advanced Practitioner in Risk assessment and Moving & Handling and provide training and guidance on safe practice to both families and care staff.
Chris Smith Occupational Therapist
I have been working in the Health and Social Care sector for many years and have developed a diverse and broad range of knowledge and skills. I have experience of working as an Occupational Therapist with both Adults and Children who have complex medical
conditions and challenging social circumstances. I also practice as an Independent
Occupational therapist and I am an experienced Moving and Handling advisor providing
training sessions for private carers and care agency staff.
I work in a person centred manner and have a friendly and professional approach. I has a
natural ability to engage with people in a caring and supportive way, which enables strong
working relationships to be forged with both clients, their families and other professionals
involved. I has a proven track record in providing specialist assessment and written reports,
identifying when major housing adaptations and specialist equipment are required. I work
with individuals to identify realistic, achievable goals that are focused on promoting
independence and helping individuals to realise their potential.
I am an effective communicator and pride myself on my ability to work collaboratively with
other professionals to enable clients and families to move forward with their lives as the
result of Occupational Therapy intervention.
BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy Degree: HCPC Registered
Contact Christine Smith
Email: [email protected]
- Child or adolescent
- Adult 25 +
- Young person (18-25)
- Older person (65+)
- Professional Supervision
- Advice about access, bathroom &/or kitchen adaptations or equipment Home adaptations for independent living
- Advice around specialist equipment or in modifying your home to maximise independence
- Assessments for Disabled Facilities Grants
- Specialist seating expertise
- Practical strategies/treatment to overcome daily challenges caused by illness, accident, recent diagnosis or ageing.
- Long term conditions management in the community
- Specialist seating/equipment for children
- Work/health promo/training/H&S e.g. DSE Risk Assessment, Manual Handling training, stress prevention/education
- Ergonomic Assessment/industrial/office/vehicle seating/equipment advice
- OT Assessments and interventions on behalf of a case manager
- Manual Handling training for health and/or care staff
- Single handed care reviews for Local Authorities or Care Homes
- Bespoke training programmes
- Mentoring or supervision
- Regular supervision for independent practitioners