Jodie Hillier Occupational Therapy BSC hons
DIR Floortime professionals certificate
Client centred OT practice
Highly skilled Specialist Paediatric and Adult Occupational Therapist with 13 years post qualifying experience. I developed Paediatric OT Service.
Experienced in working with clients with complex discharge planning needs and recommending comprehensive care packages.
Experience of lifelong, life limiting and life changing disabilities. From brain injury, spinal injury, clinical negligence, accidents and trauma, progressive disabilities, neurological conditions, amputees, respiratory and cardiology conditions in adults and children
I am trained in the DIR Floor time Profectum approach.
Extensive knowledge in sensory processing difficulties and impact this has on function.
Specialise in working with children in their homes and nursery settings.
Excellent communication skills and an empathetic practitioner.
Strong ethos for collaborative working relationships with a vast range of professionals and third sector agencies.
Developed workshops, awareness sessions and programmes for parents and professional working with children with additional needs and ASD.
Expert in manual handling, risk assessments, provision equipment, major and minor adaptations, intervention plans and therapeutic intervention.
Experience in providing short term plans, long term plans and lifelong recommendations.
Expert knowledge in current legislation regarding service users and OT practice for adults and children.
Expert in sensory processing difficulties and behaviours implementing positive behavioural support.
Expert in neurodevelopmental conditions, trauma and attachment and manual handling equipment and techniques.
Exceptional awareness of the impact of disabilities on occupational performance, service users activities of daily living and the impact on their families
Excellent understanding of a wide variety of complex conditions affecting adults and children
Therapeutic functional goals and interventions using play
BSc. (Hons) Occupational Therapy – University Hospital of Wales College of Medicine 2002 - 2005
Contact Jodie Hillier
Email: [email protected]
- Child or adolescent
- Adult 25 +
- Young person (18-25)
- Older person (65+)
- Sensory integration
- Case Management
- Medico-Legal/Expert Witness
- Professional Supervision
- Advice about access, bathroom &/or kitchen adaptations or equipment Home adaptations for independent living
- Advice around specialist equipment or in modifying your home to maximise independence
- Falls prevention
- Assessments for Disabled Facilities Grants
- Obesity, bariatric care and specialist equipment
- Wheelchair assessments
- Practical strategies/treatment to overcome daily challenges caused by illness, accident, recent diagnosis or ageing.
- Long term conditions management in the community
- Oncology & Palliative Care or Condition Management
- Brain or Spinal Injury expertise
- Trauma & Orthopedics expertise
- Carer Support
- Armed Forces Rehabilitation
- Help and support with pain or fatigue-management techniques
- Learning Disability or Autism in adults
- Therapeutic assessment, support and intervention for memory problems
- Paediatric disability assessments and parental support
- Specialist seating/equipment for children
- Neurological conditions expertise
- Assessment, advice and support for children
- Autism expertise
- ADHD expertise
- Cerebral Palsy expertise
- Specialist support and expertise around anxiety disorders or challenging behavior
- Education, Health & Care (EHC) plans: advice/assessment
- Work/health promo/training/H&S e.g. DSE Risk Assessment, Manual Handling training, stress prevention/education
- OT Assessments and interventions on behalf of a case manager
- Specific treatment interventions for a case manager
- Case management after a catastrophic injury
- Expert witness assessment/reports
- Manual Handling training for health and/or care staff
- Reduction in Local Authority waiting lists
- Bespoke training programmes
- Mentoring or supervision