Lucy Leonard A dynamic, compassionate and personable occupational therapist with a wealth of experience and knowledge.
I have worked with people for over 20 years carrying out assessments in their home to understand the relationship of a person with their environment. I work with the individual to fully understand their history and help them set and reach their goals to maximise independence and quality of life. I can make recommendations for equipment and adaptations in the home, carry out risk assessments, have extensive manual handling training and can help people engage in meaningful activities in their community. I help empower people to live in a safe environment whilst facilitating family and carers to look after and support loved ones.
I am trained in the Matheson approach to Functional Capacity Evaluations and carry out work-site assessments. I am also able to undertake immediate needs assessments and make comprehensive recommendations for rehabilitation following personal injury.
I am based in North West England, but frequently travel throughout Northern England and North Wales. Please get in touch and I'd be delighted to talk through how I can help you.
BSc (hons) Occupational Therapy, MSc Advanced Occupational Therapy
Contact Lucy Leonard
Email: [email protected]
- Child or adolescent
- Adult 25 +
- Young person (18-25)
- Older person (65+)
- Advice about access, bathroom &/or kitchen adaptations or equipment Home adaptations for independent living
- Advice around specialist equipment or in modifying your home to maximise independence
- Falls prevention
- Assessments for Disabled Facilities Grants
- Obesity, bariatric care and specialist equipment
- Practical strategies/treatment to overcome daily challenges caused by illness, accident, recent diagnosis or ageing.
- Long term conditions management in the community
- Oncology & Palliative Care or Condition Management
- Brain or Spinal Injury expertise
- Trauma & Orthopedics expertise
- Mental health recovery and peer support
- Support with Alzheimer's disease or other dementias
- Assessment, advice and support for children
- Work/health promo/training/H&S e.g. DSE Risk Assessment, Manual Handling training, stress prevention/education
- Ergonomic Assessment/industrial/office/vehicle seating/equipment advice
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) (standardised system) for physically active jobs
- Job/role analysis of task demands
- Graduated RTW plan/reasonable adjustments advice
- OT Assessments and interventions on behalf of a case manager
- Specific treatment interventions for a case manager
- Manual Handling training for health and/or care staff
- Single handed care reviews for Local Authorities or Care Homes
- Reduction in Local Authority waiting lists
- Blue Badge assessments
- Bespoke training programmes