Jane McKinnon MSc., BSc (Hons).
Access to Rehab
I am a Clinical Specialist OT with over 20 years extensive experience within neuro-rehabilitation. I work within an Internationally recognised centre for neuro-rehabilitation for adults with wide ranging diagnoses and presentations. I have undertaken a Masters degree, carrying out research within the unit. I now extend my time outside of the NHS, within the private sector, working alongside a colleague who also works at the rehab unit. Our hope is that we can share our experience and expertise beyond the NHS. I am passionate about an evidenced-based approach to ensure we are always delivering an excellent service. I carry out expert assessment covering all domains including cognitive, perceptual, physical, upper limb. I also have extensive experience working in the specialty of disorders of consciousness, challenging behaviours and Vocational rehabilitation. I work with people in a variety of settings and value the importance of each individual's own personal context.
MSc Neurological Rehabilitation, BSc(Hons)OT.
Contact Jane McKinnon
Phone: 01869 814981
Email: [email protected]; [email protected]
- Adult 25 +
- Young person (18-25)
- Professional Supervision
- Neuro Rehabilitation
- Advice about access, bathroom &/or kitchen adaptations or equipment Home adaptations for independent living
- Wheelchair assessments
- Practical strategies/treatment to overcome daily challenges caused by illness, accident, recent diagnosis or ageing.
- Long term conditions management in the community
- Hand Therapy expertise
- Brain or Spinal Injury expertise
- Help and support with pain or fatigue-management techniques
- Specialist seating/equipment for children
- Job/role analysis of task demands
- Neuropsychological/Cognitive/Neurodiversity assessment (including standardised tools)
- Graduated RTW plan/reasonable adjustments advice
- Vocational Rehab (VR) ongoing input/treatment/job coach/work prep/work hardening/conditioning
- OT Assessments and interventions on behalf of a case manager
- Specific treatment interventions for a case manager
- Bespoke training programmes
- Mentoring or supervision