Debbie Chadwick Dip COT, OTR, HCPC, NEBs (Mgmt), UKFCE, Accredited Healthcare trainer
DAC Therapy Services
Most of my work is with adults but I also have some experience in working with children, young adults and their families.. Clients I work with have various physical, cognitive and psychological conditions, including; traumatic brain and head injuries, complex orthopaedic trauma, amputees, progressive neurological conditions, spinal injury, medical and post surgical management, upper limb injury, stress and PTSD.
I am able to undertake focused individual assessments and interventions within the home or work environment. I have vast experience in working with insurers, solicitors and deputies involved in personal injury claims or as part of corporate insurance provision offered to policyholders.
I have experience in liaison with statutory services, employers, HR and OH departments and with sourcing and instructing other treating practitioners with the aim of improving function and/or returning someone back into education or employment following injury, improving independence and sense of purpose after illness, long term sickness absence or significant life changes.
I work with national forces charities and their benefactors, for equipment advice and recommendation, with individuals and housing associations seeking housing adaptation advice or rehousing assessment.
OT with 30 years experience in various disability settings in private, statutory services, charity and voluntary sectors. Focus on Case Management, Medico-Legal Expert work and neurorehabilitation.
Contact Debbie Chadwick
Phone: 0776 100 2949
Email: [email protected]
- Adult 25 +
- Young person (18-25)
- Older person (65+)
- Case Management
- Medico-Legal/Expert Witness
- Professional Supervision
- Neuro Rehabilitation
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Advice about access, bathroom &/or kitchen adaptations or equipment Home adaptations for independent living
- Advice around specialist equipment or in modifying your home to maximise independence
- Falls prevention
- Electric mobility scooter assessment/advice
- Practical strategies/treatment to overcome daily challenges caused by illness, accident, recent diagnosis or ageing.
- Long term conditions management in the community
- Brain or Spinal Injury expertise
- Trauma & Orthopedics expertise
- Help and support with pain or fatigue-management techniques
- Stress-related support
- Therapeutic assessment, support and intervention for memory problems
- Work/health promo/training/H&S e.g. DSE Risk Assessment, Manual Handling training, stress prevention/education
- Ergonomic Assessment/industrial/office/vehicle seating/equipment advice
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) (standardised system) for physically active jobs
- Job/role analysis of task demands
- Graduated RTW plan/reasonable adjustments advice
- Vocational Rehab (VR) ongoing input/treatment/job coach/work prep/work hardening/conditioning
- OT Assessments and interventions on behalf of a case manager
- Specific treatment interventions for a case manager
- Case management after a catastrophic injury
- Expert witness assessment/reports
- Bespoke training programmes
- Mentoring or supervision
- Regular supervision for independent practitioners