Angela Gordon BSc. Occupational Therapy attained in 1998.
MSc. Occupational Therapy attained in 2009
Previously worked as a Personnel Officer in the Private and Public sector.
Independent Rehabilitation Services
I have over 15 years experience working as a Rehabilitation Specialist treating clients aged from 17 to over 80 years of age. Most of my work has involved complex cases both in the National Health Service and private sector. I work closely with case managers, solicitors, other health professionals, family members, and carers. I have experience working in private hospitals, charities, support groups and residential homes. I also work voluntary at a charity, Headway based in Leicester.
I use an holistic approach to treatment which is client centred and goal focused. I also have excellent resources to use as part of my physical and cognitive assessment and rehabilitation including the Biometric E-LINK upper limb exerciser. This is a portable computerised exerciser used as part of patient upper limb treatment. Refer to our website www.irs-rehab.co.uk for further details. I am also a fully calibrated AMPS rater, this is another standardised assessment used to measure motor and process skills.
I also provide supervision to other occupational therapists in the private sector and National Health Service.
MSc. BSc. Occupational Therapy, Grad IPM
Contact Angela Gordon
Email: [email protected]
- Adult 25 +
- Older person (65+)
- Professional Supervision
- Human Resources
- Neuro Rehabilitation
- Advice about access, bathroom &/or kitchen adaptations or equipment Home adaptations for independent living
- Advice around specialist equipment or in modifying your home to maximise independence
- Specialist seating expertise
- Wheelchair assessments
- Electric mobility scooter assessment/advice
- Practical strategies/treatment to overcome daily challenges caused by illness, accident, recent diagnosis or ageing.
- Hand Therapy expertise
- Brain or Spinal Injury expertise
- Help and support with pain or fatigue-management techniques
- Therapeutic assessment, support and intervention for memory problems
- Specialist seating/equipment for children
- Neurological conditions expertise
- Neuropsychological/Cognitive/Neurodiversity assessment (including standardised tools)
- Graduated RTW plan/reasonable adjustments advice
- Vocational Rehab (VR) ongoing input/treatment/job coach/work prep/work hardening/conditioning
- OT Assessments and interventions on behalf of a case manager
- Specific treatment interventions for a case manager
- Manual Handling training for health and/or care staff
- Bespoke training programmes
- Mentoring or supervision